Passionate and dedicated, Carl and his team team work across the length and breadth of New Zealand creating resilient, productive and sustainable landscapes.
20 years experience designing and building sustainable landscapes across New Zealand
Carl Pickens is a landscape architect with over 20 years experience designing and building sustainable landscapes across New Zealand. He has worked in landscape construction, managed an organic market garden and developed his own permaculture property at Otamatea Ecovillage in Kaiwaka. His training in organic horticulture and a lived permaculture background brings a depth to his work that’s evident in the successful fruition of these landscapes; from design to implementation and eventual maturity.
In 2019 Carl undertook a Winston Churchill Fellowship to study Urban Agriculture in Europe. He is now applying lessons learnt to projects here in New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Lincoln University 1998.
- Certificate in Organic Growing (Level 4), Christchurch Institute of Technology 2004
- Permaculture Design Certificate 2004
- Ellerslie International Flower Show Gold medal winner 2009
- Ellerslie International Flower Show Silver Distinction medal winner 2010
- Winston Churchill Fellowship recipient 2019